Literature/202106191120 principles of effective management
- Source: [@ianuzzi2017Entrepreneurship for Physicists]
- Tags: #effective-management #organization-change #drive-innovation
There are 8 principles developed by Kotter that define how a manager can perform changes in the organization where they work:
- create a sense of urgency
- Communicate the importance of acting quickly
- build a guiding coalition
- form a strategic vision and initiatives
- Explain how the future is different from the past and what things are possible to reach there.
- enlist a volunteer army
- Communicate your vision so that others can join. This relates to making big changes in an organization, but can also be useful to gather momentum when starting.
- enable action by removing barriers
- Remove silos and work across domains. Empower people to act by themselves.
- generate short-term wins
- Show, recognize, communicate. They are a powerful driving force.
- sustain acceleration
- Press harder after success. Be relentless. Be mindful of your increase in credibility to further drive changes
- institute change
- Make the link between the new habits and the organizational success. Be sure to cement the new behavior such that it persists in the organization.
These are the other notes that link to this one.
Nothing links here, how did you reach this page then?
Share your thoughts on this note